Dec 31, 2016
We went “Pink!” Yinzer Pink as a matter of fact. Recorded live
at the “Real Men Wear Pink” party at Jerome Bettis Grille 36, we
had a chance to meet Pittsburgh fashion designer to the WWE, ESPN
and NFL, David Alan. His The Proper Knot invention is crushing the
fashion world. Then we met 4 of the guys in the American Cancer
Society’s month-long fundraiser, “Real Men Wear Pink,’ including
John Bettis! Yeah… he’s the older brother of… well… you get it.
And, yes… he has stories!
VIEW the Episode Promo Video:
LISTEN to the Podcast show right here below or on iTunes, Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, Stitcher Radio, Soundcloud, Overcast, Pocket Casts, and Tunein Radio via the “Pittsburgh Podcast Network” channel.
YaJagoff! Podcast - SHOW NOTES: Episode 40, The Pink Podcast
With David Alan
Music: Mac Miller, “Dang”
01:10 We are in pink “Yinzer” t-shirts at the Jerome Bettis Grille 36 on the North Shore. Make sure you click one of the links below to get all of the details on the American Cancer Society’s “Real Men Wear Pink” fundraisers.
04:28 Laura McCurdy, ACS rep, tell us all about the Pittsburgh version of “Real Men Wear Pink” campaign. Search for the #RealMenWearPinkPgh hashtag on social media!
10:07 David Alan, fashion designer who works with the WWE, NFL, ESPN and he only started sewing at age 27! David invented the coolest accessory for men’s ties, The Proper Knot. It’s launching nationally. His launch party is a fashion show at Room16 in Pittsburgh’s Strip District on October 14th and will be hosted by Jonathan Coachman of ESPN! Pittsburgh Steelers, WWE stars and others will be walking the pink carpet! Get tickets here.
21:56 Four of the Real Men who are wearing pink all throughout October and in competition to raise funds for the ACS: Scott Clarke, Todd McCurdy, Brian Holzer and John Bettis. They all have a story and upcoming fundraisers that you can get in on, but… can we get them into an ultimate cage match to raise big dollars? And, who does John’s Aunt like better, John or… well... you know?
Find daily #Jagoffs posts at www.YaJagoff.com
How to Listen Regularly:
All shows on the “Pittsburgh Podcast Network” are free and available to listen 24/7/365 worldwide. Audio On-Demand in-your-hand, on smartphone, tablet, laptop and desktop computers.
– APPLE users can find us on the iTunes and Podcast app.
– ANDROID users can find us on Google Play Music,
– ALL users can listen on computers, tablets, and smartphones via RSS, SoundCloud, Stitcher Radio, Overcast, Pocket Casts or tunein radio, website or apps.
* SEARCH: Pittsburgh Podcast Network
• Google Play Music
• tunein radio
• Photo Credits: The Food Tasters & The Pittsburgh Podcast Network
• Production: Frank Murgia & Wayne Weil
How to Follow Everyone on Twitter:
• The Podcast @YaJagoffPodcast
• John Chamberlin @YaJagoff
• Craig Tumas @CraigTumas
• John Knight @JKnight841
• Jason Havelka @SportsMongerPGH
• Mac Miller @MacMiller
• Jerome Bettis Grille 36 @Grille36
• Real Men Wear Pink @RealMenPinkPgh
• ACS Pittsburgh @ACSPittsburgh
• Brian Holzer @BKH726
• David Alan @DavidAlanStyle
• The Proper Knot @TheProperKnot
• Jonathan Coachman @TheCoachESPN
• Room16 @Room16Pgh
• The Food Tasters @TheFoodTasters
• Pittsburgh Podcast Network @PghPodcast